14 February 2018 – Vancouver, BC
Incite: Vancouver Writer’s Festival, Love Me True Book Launch
Alice McKay Room, VPL Downtown, 7:30pm
20 February – Seattle, WA
Offbeat Ada’s How to Fall in Love with Anyone, with Offbeat Bride
The Lab at Ada’s Technical Books, 7pm
4 March 2018 – Sydney, AUS
All About Women Festival, How to Fall in Love with Anyone
Sydney Opera House, 4pm
7 March 2018 – Adelaide, AUS
Adelaide Writers’ Week, Masterclass: Taking an essay from idea to fruition
More info to come, 6pm-9pm
8 March 2018 – Adelaide, AUS
Adelaide Writers’ Week, How to Fall in Love
Pioneer Women’s Memorial Garden, 12pm
25-29 June 2018 – Vancouver, BC
UBC Summer Institute: Writing Memoir
Originally from Appalachian Virginia, Mandy Len Catron now lives in Vancouver, British Columbia. Her writing has appeared in the New York Times, the Washington Post, The Rumpus, and The Walrus, as well as literary journals and anthologies.
She writes about love and love stories at The Love Story Project, and she teaches English and creative writing at the University of British Columbia. Her article “To Fall in Love with Anyone, Do This” was one of the most popular articles published by the New York Times in 2015. How to Fall in Love with Anyone: A Memoir in Essays is her first book. It was recently long-listed for the 2018 RBC Charles Taylor Prize.
Representation & Publicity
Sam Stoloff, Frances Goldin Literary Agency
Brooke Ehrlich, The Sanford Ehrlich Company
Amanda Lang, Simon & Schuster
Catherine Whiteside, Simon & Schuster Canada
Christina Taylor, Black Inc. Books
Fiona Brownlee for Black Inc. Books
- “On Anniversaries”, Love Me True Anthology Caitlin Press, 2018.
- “To Stay in Love, Sign on the Dotted Line”, The New York Times, Modern Love Column, 25 June 2017.
- “Five Myths about Love”, The Washington Post, 14 February 2016.
- “Middle School Miracles”, Skirt, Fall 2015.
- “To Fall in Love with Anyone, Do This”, The New York Times, Modern Love Column, 11 January 2015.
- “We Talked About Love”, Under the Gum Tree, Issue 5, Fall 2012.
- “Hypocorism or On Love and Naming”, Folio, Fall 2010/ Spring 2011.
- “Grind, Dose, Tamp, Flush, Pull, Drink”, Under the Sun, Summer, 2007.
- “The Canadian Sandwich”, The Vancouver Review, Winter 2007.
- “Contracting Iris”, The Fieldstone Review, Issue 1, April, 2006.
- “Nor Ever Chaste”, Italy, A Love Story, Seal Press, 2005.
- Am I Too Fat for Love at The Rumpus
- #MeToo and the Cult of Desirability at The Rumpus
- How Do You Break a Heart at The Rumpus
- Happy Wife, Happy Life at The Rumpus
- Writing Love and Writing Essays on the Powell’s Books Blog
- To Stay in Love, Sign on the Dotted Line in the New York Times Modern Love Column
- Why Do Men Always Want to Settle Down? at The Rumpus
- Forget ‘Friends’—Why We Really Need to Update the Love Stories We’re Obsessed With at Glamour
- The Emotional Labor of Listening to Men Complain at The Rumpus
- You Should Care about My Life at The Walrus (April 2016)
- Five Myths About Love at The Washington Post
- A better way to talk about love on TED.com
- Falling in Love is the Easy Part on TED.com
- To Fall in Love with Anyone, Do This in the New York Times Modern Love Column
- AWP 2014: Writing Feminism in Creative Nonfiction on Brevity Blog
- Mandy Len on Brian Doyle on Essay Daily
- Meet the Author: Mandy Len at Under the Gum Tree
- How to Fall out of Love at The How-To Issue
Cover photo, FreeFall Magazine vol. XXIV no. 2